Want to get enthralling and very yummy banana bread? You are at the right place. The good thing is that you can prepare and enjoy this right at home. The bread will be ideal for breakfast or a lovely light meal in the afternoon. It is also a great option when you have important guests to relax on a weekend. The process of preparing this banana bread recipe is easy and fun.
Energy 965 kJ
Saturated fat 3.00 g
Total fat 5.5 g
Carbohydrate Total 41.00 g
Dietary Fibre 2.00 g
Protein 5.00 g
- Melted low saturated fat dairy (for greasing the bread pan)
- 2 cups of self-raising flour (approximately 265 grams)
- ½ to ¼ of plain flour (Approximately 40 grams)
- 1-1½ teaspoonful of finely ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of brown sugar (approximately 140 grams)
- ½ to ¾ of cup of skim milk
- 2 eggs (lightly whisked)
- 50 grams of melted and cooled butter.
- 2 ripe bananas (get the overripe ones and marsh them)
- Make sure to preheat the cooking oven 180°C (the ideal temperatures to cook the break fast and effectively).
- On a loaf pan with base measurement of 11 x 21 cm, brush carefully with the dairy spread until you get a light grease. You might want to pass the brush s number of times for an even layer of grease.
- On the opposing sides of the loaf pan, carefully line with non-stick backing powder and ensure it overhangs.
- Intro a large bowl, combine the self raising flour and plain flour while mixing well to get a uniform texture.
- Add cinnamon into the flour and stir well so that the bread will have a uniform taste.
- Add sugar and continue stirring for evenness. At the middle, make a well running to the bottom of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter, egg, banana, and milk while stirring thoroughly until all have combined well. Then, pour this mixture into the flour staring from the well and stir until you get an even mixture.
- Spoon the mixture starting from one side into your prepared bread pan and smoothen the surface. At this point, the bread will be ready to bake.
- Place it into the preheated oven and continue baking for 45 minutes to 50 minutes. Before you can conclude it is ready, insert a skewer to confirm it comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes to cool before cutting into slices.
Banana bread has become an irresistible delicacy that no one wants to miss because of nutritional richness. They are ideal whether served with tea, coffee, or other beverages in the morning. The thrill of preparing the bread on your own makes the breakfast or meals even more enjoyable. Simply follow the procedure to enjoy every morning with family or friends. Remember that you can change the taste by replacing cinnamon with other flavors.