Want to get the thrill of special yummy cookies? It is time to try the lovely chocolate chip cookies. Instead of rushing to the cookie store downtown, preparing the chocolate chip cookies will be fun and enthralling. They are ideal for breakfast, eating on a light meal during the day, or taking to work. Besides, think of serving to friends when relaxing by the pool on a weekend and the moment will be ecstatic.
For the process to be more enjoyable, ensure all the ingredients are available and follow the procedure carefully. It will take you about 15 minutes which is far less than the time needed to cook common meals. However, if you are not used to preparing cookies, it might take a few minutes longer (up to about 20 minutes).
Nutrition Information– Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 135
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
- Sodium: 100 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 16 g
- Dietary Fibre: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Vitamin A: 4%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 0%
- Iron: 4%
- ½ – ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ¾ cup of brown sugar (preferably packed)
- 1- 1½ cup of softened margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla
- 1 big egg
- 2¼ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoonful of baking soda
- ½ teaspoonful of salt
- 1 cup of coarsely sliced nuts
- 1package (about 12 ounces) of semisweet chocolate chips (this is approximately 2 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (ideal temperatures for baking cookies).
- Mix your sugar and butter in a large bowl and stir until they mix completely.
- Into the large bowl, add egg and vanilla and keep stirring until the mixture becomes smooth and uniform.
- Add all the flour salt and baking powder and continue stirring until the dough is stiff.
- Pour the chocolate chips and nuts as you continue stirring.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, drop the dough onto ungreased cookie sheet making sure to separate them approximately 2 inches from each other.
- Bake the cookies about 8-10 minutes until they become light brown (make sure that the springy appearance is completely gone).
- Remove from the cookie sheet and wait for them to cool well before serving.
- In case you baked more Chocolate chip cookies, the excess can be stored in the Freezer so that they can be served a few days later instead of cooking them daily.
Chocolate chip cookies have become a delicacy that no one wants to miss every morning and during weekends when relaxing away from work. When you prepare them at home, they are even yummier and you have greater attachment to them. For greater success, it is advisable for people using oil to get a spread with at least 65% vegetable oil. Whether you are a mom at home, professional chef in a restaurant or want to try your hand in baking, this is one recipe that you can never get wrong.