Today, people are so much focused on nutrition and will go to great length in serving the best to family and friends. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies has become a preference for many because of its yumminess and high nutritional value. They are ideal when served for breakfast or between meals. The good thing is that you no longer have to queue at the bakery because you can prepare the best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from the comfort of your home.
- ¾ cup of softened butter (softened)
- ¾ up of white sugar
- ¾ – 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla extract to taste
- 1¼ -1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ – 1 teaspoonful of baking soda
- ¾-1 teaspoonful of ground cinnamon
- ½ – 1 teaspoonful of salt
- 2¾ – 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1-1¼ cups of raisings
- Preheat your oven to about 190 degrees c (375 degrees F).
- In a medium bowl add and stir cream and butter. Then, add butter, white sugar and brown sugar while stirring continuously to get an even mixture (if you have a mixer, the better because all the ingredients will mix and distribute the taste evenly).
- Beat your eggs and then add vanilla while adding all the vanilla slowly until a fluffy appearance is achieved.
- Stir the baking soda, salt, cinnamon and flour together and slowly beat them into the butter mixture. Then, stir in oats and all the raisins to get a uniform appearance.
- Prepare an ungreased cookie sheet and drop the dough by spoon. Make sure to leave enough space between each drop (preferably 2.5 inches) to make spreading easy.
- Using the back of your fork, make patterns while pressing the drops. Besides, press evenly so that all the cookies will be even and take the same time to cook.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 11 minutes until a lovely yellowish browning is achieved. Once cooked, allow cooling slightly and then remove to cool further in a wire rack.
Serving Size 1 cookie (Amount per Serving)
- Calories from Fat 22Calories 65%
- Total Fat 2.43 g 4%
- Cholesterol 5mg 2%
- Sodium 81mg 3%
- Potassium 36 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.26g 3%
- Vitamin A 2%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 2%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calories diet. (Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs)
Whether you want Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for a single meal, party, or to store in the refrigerator for using the entire week, the process is easy and fun. Even for young professionals or even people with no background in cooking, the resulting cookies will be finger licking. The good thing is that you can replace the flavors such as vanilla and cinnamon with others of your choice to enjoy greater diversity. No matter the way you want it, the resultant cookies will always be enthralling. Remember to use an aluminum foil that helps to cook faster and make cleaning easy.