This whole grain cracker is yummy, thin, and above all thrifty to prepare. Whether you serve it with anything; say, spread or dip, it will taste great. They bring a greater sense of attachment, pride, and satisfaction as you serve to family, guests, or even clients in your restaurant. The process is simple and engaging at every stage.
For the entire process to be smooth and fun, it is advisable to gather all the ingredients before starting the process. Ensure that the equipment you will require is also ready and within reach. This will reduce the time required to keep checking for them and complete the entire cooking process fast for the family, guests or clients to enjoy the yummy crackers.
You will require a total of about 20 minutes, (about10 minutes for preparation and 10 minutes for baking). However, people who take longer preparing the ingredients might extend the entire period up to 30 minutes.
- 1.75 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ -1 teaspoonful of salt
- 1/2 -1/3 cups of cooking vegetable oil
- 1.25 cups of water
- Additional salt for sprinkling
- Start by preheating your oven to a temperature of 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F). This is the recommended level for most crackers.
- In a medium sized bowl, pour the whole wheat grain flour and add the all purpose flour while mixing carefully to get a smooth mixture.
- Into the above mixture, add the ¾ -1 teaspoonful of salt. Continue stirring to ensure the mixture is even all the way to the bottom of the bowl.
- Add water and oil to the mixture and continue mixing until it blends well.
- On a smooth surface, spread some flour and then roll your dough making it as smooth as you can (preferably 1/8 inch). Then, place the dough on a baking sheet that has not been greased, and mark squares using a sharp object (make sure not to cut through).
- Prick every cracker using a fork and then sprinkle some salt on top.
- Bake continuously for 20 minutes until you get a crispy and slightly brown color. It is important to note that the time required for baking might be different depending on the thickness of the dough you prepared.
- Once fully cooked, remove from oven, separate into individual crackers and serve. The Crackers are best served in the morning with breakfast, or with beverages any other time of the day.
Nutritional Information (based on 1 cracker) Calories 18 Calories from Fat Total Fat 0.7g 1% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 26mg 1% Potassium 11.88mg 0% Carbohydrates 2.7g 1% Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2% Protein 0.4g, Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0% · Iron 1%
Once you have mastered the process, you can enrich the crackers by mixing altering the whole wheat flour content with oats seeds, flax seeds, or sesame seeds among other whole grains. Try this recipe and you will never getaway it because the crackers will be truly enthralling.